Do you want to do a few painting sessions with me this fall? Want to try 40k (Tau).
Huzzah! We talked about it and decided to try a tale of two gamers, building our forces in manageable chunks. This is his first 40k army, only having played Warhammer Fantasy so far.
The seven steps to glory
- One unit of Troops
- 400 points and at least two Troops
- 500 points and at least one HQ unit
- 750 points
- 1000 points
- 1250 points
- 1500 points and done
The master plan
My seven step program should keep things interesting and manageable for both of us. The game after step 1 should be pretty one-sided, but at step 2 and 3 things will start to get interesting.
- 10 Chaos Space Marines with champion, icon, plasma rifle and lascannon, mounted in a Rhino transport
- 10 Lesser Daemons
- Chaos Lord (have to take a lot of his gear away to fit him into 500 points)
- I need some anti-tank at this stage, so I'll take 2 Obliterators and 5 Raptors with Meltaguns
- 4 Terminators won't bring me to 1000 points, but using the Chaos Lord at full power will
- 8 Khorne Berzerkers with Skull Champion in a Rhino
- 9 Thousand Sons in a Rhino